General Terms and Conditions
- "Interactive Red" means Interactive Red Limited, Registered in England & Wales No: 7194307 of Roper Yard, Roper Road, Canterbury Kent CT2 7EG.
- "Client" means any individual, company, partnership, organisation or body requesting the services of Interactive Red.
- "Agreement" means the contract between Interactive Red and the client to which these conditions will apply.
- "Order" means confirmation by the client of their acceptance of the quotation given by Interactive Red.
- Contract: The client's approval for work to commence shall be deemed a contractual agreement between the client and Interactive Red. Interactive Red will carry out work only where an agreement is provided either by email, telephone, mail or fax. Interactive Red will carry out work only for clients who are 18 years of age or above. An ‘order' is deemed to be a written or verbal contract between Interactive Red and the client; this includes telephone and email agreements.
- Intellectual Property & Copyright: Interactive Red retains ownership of all intellectual property, including source code and original images created for the client until payment of the final invoice. At this time ownership rights will be transferred to the client. Any scripts, CGI applications, PHP scripts, or software (unless specifically agreed) written by Interactive Red remain the copyright of Interactive Red and may only be commercially reproduced or resold with the permission of Interactive Red.
- Client's Responsibilities with regard to Copyright: In situations where the client provides images, text, animations, layouts or any other content for their website/development they are legally responsible for ensuring that this material does not infringe any copyright. Interactive Red cannot take responsibility for any copyright infringements caused by materials submitted by the client. Interactive Red reserves the right to refuse any material of a copyrighted nature unless adequate proof is given of permission to use such material. Interactive Red will not be liable or become involved in any disputes between the website owner or managers and their clients and cannot be held responsible for any wrongdoing on the part of a website owner or manager. E.g. any disputes relating to content/images that have been provided to Interactive Red for inclusion on the website/development.
- Conceptualising: Conceptualising is the process of producing website concepts for clients. Concepts can include site mock ups, graphics and design proposals. The client agrees that (unless specifically agreed otherwise) only one concept will be provided by Interactive Red. In order to provide an appropriate website design, the client should therefore ensure that they have provided any colour scheme, artwork and design requirements beforehand. Note: Design concepts and associated graphics remain the property of Interactive Red unless otherwise agreed.
- Stock Photography: Certain images provided by Interactive Red may have been purchased under licence from stock image suppliers. These images are generally only licensed for use on a website. The licence may not permit them to be used in publicity material. The website owner is legally responsible for ensuring that this does not happen. If the client wishes to use any such images from the website for other purposes they are required to contact Interactive Red for clarification. The client agrees to meet all third party costs arising from the purchase of stock photography as well as any administration fees relating to the procurement of images imposed by Interactive Red.
- Database, Application and E-Commerce Development: Interactive Red cannot take responsibility for any losses incurred by the use of any software created for the client. Whilst every care is taken to ensure products are problem free and accurate, the ultimate responsibility lies with the client to ensure that all software is functioning correctly before and during use. Any scripts, applications or software (unless specifically agreed) written by Interactive Red remain the copyright of Interactive Red and may only be commercially reproduced or resold with the permission of Interactive Red. Where applications or sites are developed on servers not recommended by Interactive Red, the client is expected to provide or seek any information, additional software, support or co-operation pertaining to the server required in order for the application to be correctly developed. Where large applications are to be developed on servers not recommended by Interactive Red, it is the client's responsibility to provide a suitable testing environment which is identical to the final production environment. The client is expected to test fully any application or programming relating to a website developed by Interactive Red before it is made generally available for use. Where "bugs", errors or other issues are found after the site/development is live, Interactive Red will endeavour (but is not obliged to) to correct these issues to meet the standards of function outlined in the brief.
- Web & Email Hosting: For sites and domains hosted by Interactive Red, no guarantees can be made as to the availability or interruption of this service. Interactive Red cannot accept liability for losses caused by the unavailability, malfunction or interruption of this service, or for loss of turnover, sales, revenue, profits or indirect, consequential or special loss. Interactive Red reserve the right to refuse to handle in any way, material which may be deemed offensive, illegal or in any way controversial, and also to terminate the hosting service should the necessity arise. Interactive Red's Hosting Terms and Conditions provide further details.
- Registration Charges: All third party costs arising from the registration of a domain name shall be met by the client. Domain names registered on behalf of the client by Interactive Red are property of the client. For convenience Interactive Red acts as administrator on the client's behalf. Interactive Red agrees to transfer any domain names to the client immediately upon request and without charge.
- Search Engine Promotion: If Search Engine Optimisation has been agreed as part of the website development contract the client must be aware that Interactive Red is not responsible for ongoing web site promotion. Should the client require the site to be promoted on an ongoing basis a separate contract must be agreed. The order in which websites are ranked in the natural search results is controlled by the search engines. While Interactive Red can optimise the client's site initially for this by making it search engine friendly, it is impossible to make any guarantees on ranking position.
- Client Responsibility: The client agrees to make available as soon as is reasonably possible to Interactive Red all materials required to complete the site to the agreed standard and within the set deadline. Interactive Red will not be liable for costs incurred, compensation or loss of earnings due to the failure to meet agreed deadlines. Interactive Red reserves the right to impose a discretionary surcharge of up to 25% of the total project cost where the client has failed to provide required information in a timely manner.
- Travel Time and Travel Expenses: Travelling time to and from customer premises or other meeting places is not generally included in any quotations or estimates. Interactive Red reserves the right to make a charge for travelling time at the current hourly rate. Likewise Interactive Red reserve the right to charge for travelling expenses based on 40p per mile. (NOTE: There will be no charges for travelling time or expenses incurred during the quotation process, i.e. before approval for work to commence is received.)
- Quotations: The price quoted to the client is for the work specifically agreed on the quotation only. Should the client decide that changes are required after work on the website has commenced such changes are to be agreed and any additional cost will likewise be agreed prior to the work being started. Unless otherwise agreed any quotation provided will be valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
- Payment of Accounts: A deposit may be required from any new client before any work is carried out. Likewise, if a project is large or deemed to be of significant duration then interim payments may be required. Invoices for any remaining balance are only issued when the client accepts that their website/development has been completed to their satisfaction. Interactive Red reserves the right not to launch a website until full payment has been received.
Any outstanding accounts for work carried out by Interactive Red or its affiliates are required to be paid in full, no later than 30 days from the date of the invoice. Interactive Red reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deactivate hosting services for clients with unsettled accounts. When this occurs an additional minimum charge of £50 + VAT will be required to have the site restored. Please see published Web Hosting Terms and Conditions for further details.
Accounts that have not been settled within 14 days of the due date will incur a late payment charge of 10% of the amount outstanding. Any unpaid balance due shall bear interest at the rate of 8% compounded per annum, and costs of collection, including Court costs and reasonable legal fees shall be added as principal amounts to such balance.
- Refund Policy: After work on a website commences any fees paid are not refundable.
- Cancellation: Should the client wish to cancel at any point during the project they shall remain liable for the work that has taken place and shall be invoiced accordingly. There are no exceptions to this, i.e. if the client decides they no longer want the site, as they have commissioned the work (whether a deposit has been paid or not) they are still obliged to pay for the work that has been done up to the point of cancellation.
- Payment Methods: Unless otherwise agreed, payment is only accepted by direct bank transfer (BACS or CHAPS), cheque or bankers draft in UK Pounds Sterling. If a cheque is returned by the bank as unpaid for any reason, the client will be liable for an additional administration fee of £35 +VAT.
- Support: Websites will be handed over as a fully functioning, completed work. Unless it has been agreed beforehand Interactive Red is not responsible for support.Support can be provided upon request for an agreed fee. Websites are offered as a single contract and no guarantee of the availability or compatibility (including rendering compatibility with future browsers or future versions of existing browsers) from Interactive Red is offered unless an ongoing support package has been agreed.
- Malicious Activity: Problems caused by malicious software, spyware, viruses and website hacking are a fact of life on today's Internet. It is highly unlikely that these will affect the client's website, and Interactive Red will endeavour to protect it from this as much as possible during its creation, but after the website is handed over Interactive Red cannot be held responsible for problems caused by illegal activity or the actions of others.
- Compliance with Ecommerce, Accessibility or Other Regulations: Interactive Red develops websites in accordance with the client's specifications. It is the client's responsibility to ensure that the website and its content comply with current online trading laws and regulations. Interactive Red cannot accept responsibility for any failure to comply with laws and regulations related to accessibility, selling online or those related to a specific business or trade. Research can be undertaken on the client's behalf upon request, but in any business where complex compliance issues may exist it is recommended that the client takes legal advice.
- Design Credit: A link to Interactive Red will appear in either small type or by a small graphic at the bottom of the client's website. If a graphic is used, it will be designed to fit in with the overall site design.
Should Interactive Red waive any of these terms on an individual basis, this shall not affect the validity of remaining clauses or commit Interactive Red to waive the same clause on any other occasion.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions your statutory rights are not affected.
Interactive Red reserves the right to change or modify any of these terms or conditions at any time. Should clarification of any of the above be required please contact us.
This Agreement shall be governed by English Law.
Last updated: 14th April 2010